The picture is of a patient who had JUVÉDERM® (Dermal Filler) injections in her lips by another local med spa. She came to Dr. Yazdan to have the JUVÉDERM® reversed. The patient didn’t realize that the local med spa did not have an experienced physician to perform the injections and was very upset with the result.
Make sure you confirm who is doing your injections and what their level of expertise is.
Juvederm & Filler Reversal
Hyaluronic Acid dermal fillers are the most popular fillers used worldwide. In the United States, the commonly used HA fillers are:
1. Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus
One of the advantages of injecting a filler like Restylane or Juvederm is the ability to reverse its effects with a product called hyaluronidase. Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that assists your body in breaking down substances injected into the body. It usually takes approximately 3 days to see the full effect.
Hyaluronidase is useful for dissolving Hyaluronic Acid fillers like Juvederm in the following instances:
1. The filler was over done/”over filled” and it is not aesthetically pleasing
2. There is prolonged swelling, particularly around the eye and most often with Juvederm
3. An infection has occurred in the area of prior filler
4. The filler is lumpy or has nodules and doesn’t respond to massage and time (especially lips)
5. Rare possible allergic reaction to the HA filler
6. When there is vascular compromise secondary to the HA filler injection which can be caused by external compression on a vessel or intraluminal (within the vessel) injection.
The bottom line is that you don’t have to live with a filler injection that you are not happy with. You can easily reverse lips that are lumpy or too big, swelling around the eye from filler, or dissolve an over correction or asymmetry with hyaluronidase. An injection with hyaluronidase can get you back to where you used to be in about 24 hours. Also, it’s nice to have a little piece of mind when getting injected with a Hyaluronic Acid filler that the process can be completely reversed with a small procedure.
Our Physicians at Gentle Spa in Newport Beach Fixed this Botched Lip Job with Incredible results. View them for yourself.
Our Physicians at Gentle Touch have a great deal of experience in the reversal of Hyaluronic Acid fillers. If you had injections done that did not turn out to your satisfaction we are happy to help correct those injections and get you back to your beautiful self.